Romney Marsh Art Society, referred to in this document as 'The Society'.
President ~ Mrs. Anne Payne
Membership Secretary email:email@example.com
Programme Secretary email:firstname.lastname@example.org
plus Committee Members (maximum of 10 committee members)
1. Anyone over the age of 16 may apply for membership of The Society by completing the necessary form and returning it to the Membership Secretary. Should there be a full membership; the applicant will be added to the Waiting List.
2. Ordinary membership shall be open to residents within a 25 mile radius of New Romney. Any member leaving the area may continue their membership.by paying their fees.
3. Honorary membership may be awarded at the discretion of the Committee to anyone who it is felt has provided exceptional and sustained service to the Society. An Honorary member will have their subscription waived but have the same rights as an ordinary member.
4. Membership to The Society is for the benefit of all members.
5. With the committee’s prior approval, promotional material for members’ own events may be discretely placed at any of The Society’s events. A member may not directly imply in their promotional material or advertising that their own event is part of any of The Society’s events.
6. A Condition of Membership is that members abide by the Rules and Constitution of The Society. If a member, or committee member, abuses their membership they will be reminded of the society rules and constitution and if they continue to do so will be asked to leave at the discretion of the whole committee.
Membership Subscription is set at the Annual General Meeting and is due on acceptance of membership.
Annual subscriptions are due for renewal on 1st October each year. Anyone who fails to renew by the November AGM will cease to be a member of the Society and their place may be offered to a person on the Waiting List.
1. The Committee is responsible for running The Society and shall meet as and when necessary. The Chair may call a Committee Meeting giving not less than 7 days' notice.
2. The Financial year runs from 1st October - 30th September.
The Programme year runs from 1st October – 31st May. Additional activities may be provided after this time.
3. The Committee shall be elected at the AGM from paid-up members. The election of Officers from the Committee and relevant duties shall be decided by the Committee.
4. The Executive Committee shall consist of Chair, Treasurer and Secretary and be responsible for the administration of property, funds and affairs of The Society. The Vice Chair will deputize when necessary.
5. In addition, the Society shall have the following Officers: Vice Chair, Membership Secretary and Programme Secretary plus further Committee Members
6. In addition to the committee The Society will have an Honorary President elected by the membership at an AGM and remaining without re-election until such time as they resign. Although the President may attend committee meetings, he or she has no voting rights.
7. The period of office for a Committee Member or Officer is one year. They may stand for re-election.
8. A quorum of five (not including the President) shall be necessary for a Committee meeting to take place.
9. The Executive Committee shall have the power to replace Committee Members or Officers as necessary during the year and to co-opt members for special purposes.
The Annual General Meeting will be held in November whenever possible. Members wishing to make proposals should put the proposal in writing which should be in the hands of the Secretary not less than two weeks before the date of the meeting.
Only members who have paid their subscriptions before, or at, the AGM may attend the meeting.
The business shall include:
1. Matters Arising (including amendments to the Constitution).
2. A General Report by the Chair on the progress of the Society.
3. Audited Financial Statement by the Treasurer and adoption of the accounts.
4. Appointment of Auditor (should there be a problem in finding an auditor, this could be a member of the Society but not a Committee Member).
5. Election of Committee.
6. Any Other Business
7. Date of next AGM
Minutes shall be kept of all Meetings, either General or Committee, and shall be read or previously distributed before each meeting.
In the event that the Society is wound up, for any reason, responsibility for the disbursement of funds and all other assets rests with the Committee. In doing so the Committee will take into account the needs of local artistic ventures.
RMAS respects the privacy of its members and fully complies with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018
Revised Constitution accepted by the membership at 2021AGM